Nigerian Girls: Why We CareMay 26, 2014
Women in International Security (WIIS) Canada is looking for a dynamic and motivated individual based anywhere in Canada, to serve in support of the Board of Directors as Executive Director. This is a voluntary position requiring approximately 5 hours per week. In time we aim to raise sufficient structural funding to provide some renumeration.
requirements and qualifications:
- Academic credentials in international development, business, law, political science, security, policy, journalism or communication
- A demonstrated affiliation with or interest in issues of national and international peace and security
- Demonstrated ability to work in both official languages of Canada, English and French
- Solid team work skills
Description of Executive Director’s Role:
The Executive Director serves on the Board in an ex officio capacity. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of the Corporation’s strategic direction and programs
- General supervision of the day-to-day affairs (this includes management of financials and the membership base, communication with members, external communications)
- Ultimate responsibility for management of the website and social media platforms
- Ensure that for all activities and partnerships, the WIIS-Canada brand is visible and well
- Strategic decision and events involving the WIIS-Canada brand must be submitted to the Board for
- The ED will have other duties as the Board may specify.
Core topics of engagement and expertise:
- Female leadership building
- United Nations Security Council Resolution 1325 on Women, Peace and Security
- Sexual and gender-based violence
- Canada’s role in the security and defence sector
WIIS-Canada will be accepting applications until October 9.
To apply, please submit resume and covering letter to the Interim Executive Director, Dr. Cassandra Steer: email@example.com